Required: Mediation Before Arbitration
According to Section 44 of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual, an arbitrable matter exists when there is a monetary dispute between two managing brokers of two separate offices as it relates to co-op commissions. By becoming and remaining a member of FCBR, every member agrees to submit to arbitration as defined in Article 17 of the Code of Ethics. Keep in mind that FCBR requires mandatory mediation prior to arbitration. Therefore, once the Colorado Association of REALTORS® has determined that an arbitrable matter exists, a mediation conference will then be scheduled. If the conference is not successful, an arbitration hearing will then be scheduled.
WHAT DO I NEED TO INCLUDE TO FILE FOR ARBITRATION?
- So that our Grievance Committee can properly review your complaint, please ensure the following:
- A timeline of events leading up to the closing are included
- Dates of events are included so that Grievance can determine if the request is filed on time
- All appropriate parties are named
- The Managing Broker is filing and signing the complaint