Share the Message of REALTOR® Safety
with NAR’s REALTOR® Safety Program
For more than a decade, the REALTOR® Safety Program has provided Associations, brokerages and members resources, tips and tools to stay safe both in and out of the office. This program helps members understand the risks they face while on the job through knowledge, awareness and empowerment. While September has been designated REALTOR® Safety month, it’s important that members keep safety top of mind all year round, which is why NAR continuously updates its safety program with new resources and information to keep its members safe.
Ongoing and Upcoming Communications
- Biannual safety webinars held in the spring and fall.
- Weekly update of the safety widget with a new safety tip that can easily be shared with members.
- Monthly communications on various safety topics you can share with your members as they develop their own personal safety protocols.
- Inclusion of a REALTOR® Safety video in NAR’s Orientation Toolkit, which is mailed to all State and Local Associations in January.
- Development of a Crisis Communication Plan for Associations to use in the event of a tragic incident (available in early 2015).
Coming in 2015
- In addition to a new program identity, the website, www.realtor.org/Safety, will be reorganized to enhance the user experience, making it easier to locate resources. The content of the website will also be updated accordingly to remove out-of-date information and provide current resources.
- NAR will introduce the Association’s Crisis Communications Checklist, a step-by-step guide that can be added to any current crisis communication plan. Compiled from input from REALTOR® Association Executives and members of the NAR Public Affairs department, this checklist will help AEs stay organized and keep their team on task with a list of actionable items to be completed in the midst of a crisis.
- In the spring, NAR will publish new marketing materials for your Association to use to share the message of safety with members, including web banners, posters, print ads and flyers that can be posted online, in newsletters and around the office.
- Also coming this spring, safety tips will be posted on NAR’s Twitter and Facebook accounts so you can easily share them with members. These image-based tips are not only perfect for social media, they can also be used in e-newsletters and posted on your website.
- NAR will develop a classroom safety course by the end of the first quarter. By July, the course will be available online at REALTOR® University. The online course will also be submitted for continuing education credit.
- A new 3-hour safety course will be offered at the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo on Tuesday, May 12 from 12:30-3:30 pm.
- NAR will host safety webinars in April and September during REALTOR® Safety Month.
- In the fall, NAR will publish a safety booklet, compiled of safety tips submitted by REALTORS®.
- Look for new safety articles and videos to share with your members throughout the year.
Current Resources on www.realtor.org/Safety
- Safety presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentation template, talking points and handouts. These tools are great for office meetings and training sessions.
- Office forms for REALTORS® and clients to help establish safety protocols.
- Archived safety webinars on such topics as personal safety, open house safety and holiday season safety tips.
- Videos and monthly articles to discuss during meetings and share in monthly communications.
- Dynamic safety widget revealing a new safety tip each week and Web banners to post on your website.
- Information on safety smart phone apps to download, safety products to purchase and safety experts available for safety training presentations.
- As part of its Window to the Law video series, NAR’s Legal department presents legal tips and best practices to take into consideration when implementing safety programs and policies to help agents stay safe.