We need your insights and expertise to help shape the future of our association and industry. Your involvement in our committees, advisory groups and forums ensures that we move forward with our mission to unite all facets of the industry as a leading advocate for real estate, driving REALTOR® business success and economic development of our communities.
Committee members are asked to volunteer in the fall for the following year; newly formed committees start in December or January. Leading the committees are Chairpersons and Vice Chairpersons. These members are interviewed by the Board Chair and Chair-elect and are approved by the Board of Directors prior to their 1-year term. The Vice Chairperson becomes the Chairperson the following year.
If you wish to join one of our many committees, please see the following committee list, including a brief description for each, and apply for the position(s) that best fits your area of expertise.
- Board of Directors – A Board of Directors is the governing body (called the board) of the Association. Its members, also known as directors, are elected by the members of the Association to govern the Association and look after the members’ interests. FCBR follows the standards of the Policy Governance model.
Chair: Kris Laine, firstname.lastname@example.org; Chair-Elect: Kareen Kinzli Larsen, email@example.com
- Government Affairs Committee – The purpose of the Government Affairs Committee is to provide an open setting for speakers and information sharing related to government advocacy, public policy matters, and related civic matters.
Chair: Marina Lewallen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- RPAC Fundraising Work Group – The purpose of the RPAC Work Group is to solicit RPAC investments annually. A key focus of the committee is to secure major investors and broad-based, lower-level investments from FCBR members.
Chair: Rich Coccaro, email@example.com
- Rookie Club – The purpose of Rookie Club, which is held monthly in a positive, supportive, and casual environment, is to provide real estate professionals, no matter what stage of their career, an opportunity to establish relationships, network with fellow members, while gaining valuable information, tools and resources to help them build and grow their business.
Chair: Sarah Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org; Vice Chair: Andrea Jones, email@example.com
- Community Outreach Committee – The Community Outreach Committee is dedicated to supporting programs for non-profit organizations with housing-related endeavors. This committee strives to provide services that enhance the community and support the overall quality of life for our community.
Chair: Amanda Edmondson, AmandaRE@kentwood.com; Vice Chair: Siduri Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
New members may join a committee at any time during the year.