Each year, at the Installation of our new Board of Directors in September, FCBR honors exemplary members of the Association.
The awards include:
REALTOR® of the YEAR
The REALTOR® of the Year Award will be presented to a REALTOR® who, during his/her professional career, has consistently served the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS® on National, State and/or Local levels.
Nominations for this Award may be made by any member of the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®.
Considering Factors are not limited to, but should include:
- The nominee must be an Active Member of the Ft. Collins Board of REALTORS®
- Consideration should be given to the following activities:
- Service to the Ft. Collins Board of REALTORS®
- Service to the REALTOR® profession as a whole
- Service to the Colorado Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®
- Service to the Ft. Collins community
No Past Chair will be considered until at least one year after he/she has served as Chair of the Board.
Distinguished Service Award
The spirit of the Distinguished Service Award is intended to honor one who has made significant service contribution(s) to the REALTOR® community and to the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®.
Considered factors include: local, state and national Board participation; community involvement; positive peer recognition. In addition to marked accomplishment(s), the recipient of must be/have been considered as an ambassador of the REALTOR® community demonstrating high ethical standards and strong cooperative efforts among his/her peers.
The recipient must be or have been a REALTOR® member of the Fort Collins Board.
The recipient may have either a lengthy or short history of accomplishment and may, in fact, be recognized for a single, extraordinary even that had a great, positive impact on the real estate community. This award is not necessarily intended to be a “lifetime achievement award” but certainly does not preclude giving it to one with a long history of contributions and considering the aggregate as a determining factor.
Affiliate of the Year
Young Professional of the Year
Good Neighbor Award
The Good Neighbor Award will be presented to a REALTOR® member of the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS® who has demonstrated distinguished service to a community. Winners of this local Good Neighbor Award may be submitted to for the Colorado Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS® awards.
- Nominees must be members of NAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of a local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place between January of the previous year and May of the current year, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another NAR member, a state or local association, or the community organization they served).
Rookie of the Year
The Rookie of the Year Award will be based on the Rookie’s first 12 months of performance in real estate.
TO BE ELIGIBLE:
- Active in the real estate profession;
- Current on your Fort Collins Board of Realtors Dues and in good standing with FCBR;
- New Realtor Member (applicants that have actively sold real estate in prior years or with another Board are ineligible);
- You joined FCBR during the time of August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019.
In an effort to recognize REALTORS who are well-rounded, five different categories, all worth 20% of the total score, are evaluated in determining the recipient of FCBR’s Rookie of the Year:
- Number of Transactions Completed in 12 months from your start date
- Total Closed Sales Volume Completed in 12 months from your start date
- Realtor Education Completed in 12 months from your start date
- Community Involvement Completed in 12 months from your start date
- FCBR Involvement Completed in 12 months from your start date
NUMBER OF TRANSACTIONS COMPLETED:
Applicant shall supply the review committee a list of transactions completed in the first full year as a REALTOR with the Fort Collins Board of Realtors. This shall include both listings sold and buyer controlled sales with each “side” the agent completed counted as one (1) transaction. Closings should be categorized by listings sold and buyer controlled sales.
TOTAL CLOSED SALES VOLUME:
Applicant shall submit the total sales price of all closed transactions and the date upon which the closing took place. Closings should be categorized by listings sold and buyer controlled sales.
The listing side shall count for one times the sold amount and the buyer side (buyers you have assisted in a sale) shall also count for one times the sold amount. If an agent both lists and sells their own listing, the sold amount shall count for two times the sold amount.
Applicant shall provide a list of classes completed which will count toward any accredited continuing education requirement as established by the Colorado Association of Realtors Education division. (Please do not include the 4 hour mandatory Colorado Annual Commission Update class)
BOARD OF REALTORS INVOLVEMENT:
Applicant shall list all the Board of Realtors activities and committees in which the applicant maintains a continuing interest and involvement.
Applicants shall list all activities of community involvement in which the applicant participates including the name of the organization and the hours of service associated with each organization.
Once the application portion is completed, The following sections should be completed starting with the date you joined FCBR and ending one year from that date.
EXAMPLE: If you joined FCBR on October 15, 2018, your first year would be completed by October 15, 2019. All transactions, education and volunteer involvement that fell between THESE dates would qualify to be included on the application for this award.
Applicants may attach to the completed application, letters of reference or other documents they which the review committee to consider in making its final decision.