- YPN helps young real estate professionals excel in their careers by giving them the tools and encouragement to become involved in four core areas:
- REALTOR® associations. Attend REALTOR® conferences and pursue leadership roles with their local, state, and national association.
- Real estate industry. Take an active role in policy discussions and advocacy issues; be informed about the latest industry news and trends.
- Peers. Network and learn from one another by attending events, participating in online communication, and seeking out mentoring opportunities.
- Community. Become exceptional members of their community by demonstrating a high level of REALTOR® professionalism and volunteering for causes they feel passionate about.
YPN Advisory Council:
Fort Collins Board of REALTORS® Young Professionals Network (YPN) Advisory Council
FCBR’s Leadership recognizes the importance of our YPN members and accordingly has established a formal group and process to ensure that the best interests of our YPN members are represented. This group shall be known as the Young Professionals Network (YPN) Advisory Council and will serve by appointment.
Meetings take place every other month on the 2nd Wednesday from 3:30-5p @ FCBR and are open to anyone interested in attending.
- Chair and Vice-Chair members will be appointed each year prior to the beginning of FCBR’s Elected year by the corresponding positions for FCBR’s Board of Directors
- Other Council members will be appointed each year following the conclusion of FCBR’s election and prior to the beginning of FCBR’s Elected year by approval of the Board of Directors
- Replacements for vacancies other than Chair or Vice Chair created during the year shall be selected by the YPN Council Chair in conjunction with FCBR leadership. In the case of vacancy by Chair or Vice Chair the regular appointment process will apply
- There will be up to eleven (11) voting members. No more than two (2) Affiliate members should serve at one time
- There shall be a Chair ,Vice-Chair, Past Chair, Affiliate Advisory Council Representative and up to (7) seven other Council members all serving 1 year terms
- Council members including Chair and Vice Chair are not limited in the number terms which they can serve but must be appointed per the established appointment processes
- To oversee the interests and perspectives of YPN members and make sure those interests are represented to the Board of Directors
- To advise, establish, & help to oversee YPN related programs & services
- Assist FCBR Staff & Leadership with coordination of volunteer needs
- Other roles as needed
- The Chair shall serve as an ex-officio non-voting member of FCBR’s Board of Directors & will need to meet Board of Director attendance requirements
- Meetings will be held at a frequency to be determined by the YPN’s Advisory Council members
- Meetings will be open to any FCBR member in good standing
- Members are expected to attend all meetings and any member missing 3 or meetings without an excused absence will be replaced. (Excused absence shall be defined as a direct notification of the Chair and FCBR Staff member in advance of the meetings start)