The FCBR Academy is an educational track developed with new members in mind, but is beneficial to all Realtors®. The focus of this educational track is to provide our newest members with the tools and relationships to find success in real estate so that FCBR will be made up of a professional & successful membership for years to come.
Each year FCBR will offer this courses two different times. One in the Spring and another in the Fall.
Contact FCBR now to reserve your space or visit our Education Calendar to sign up for our next offering. Attendees can receive the CE and a Certificate by completing all of the modules in either offering. Some provisions may be made for online completion.
This class is open to all members. FCBR members who have joined with in the previous 2 years will be eligible to attend the Academy for $25*, any FCBR member can attend for a $100 fee, and non-members can attend for a $200 fee. For more information contact our office at 970-223-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES:
Instructor: Chris Hardy
Each module is approximately 1 hour in length. Modules will be presented in 4 hour blocks, twice a week, for 2 weeks. 12 hours of CE Credit and FCBR Academy Graduation Certificate awarded for completion of entire series (no partial CE credit allowed) within a 365 day window.
Graduates of the program not only will be on the fast track to professionalism, but will also be recognized with their graduating class on FCBR’s Graduate Webpage, press release, & social media. Each graduating member will also be provided with marketing materials to assist with business promotion.
FCBR Academy Class Topics
- Getting Started – Create a Map To Success (Business Planning)
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will have the elements to create a rudimentary business plan that outlines how many transactions they need to close in order to obtain the desired income.
- Sphere of Influence – Who do I begin marketing to? How do I get people to use me?
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will understand basic elements of reaching out to the general public using various media and utilizing existing relationships to appropriately advertise brokerage services.
- The Buyer Orientation: What do they want/why do they want it?
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will obtain the framework and steps required to conduct a prospective Buyer Orientation. This includes a discussion of the brokerage relationships disclosure as well as how to explain the role of a Broker for Buyer to a new client prior to showing property or obtaining any private information from the client.
- How to Show Property, Create a Buyer Tour, Create a Buyer CMA
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be shown and provided the framework for selecting properties to show, how to set up showings, how to route the showings, and how to create a comparative market analysis in preparation for writing an offer.
- The BUY/SELL Contract -– managing confidence in your offers
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be taken step-by-step through the Contract to Buy or Sell Property. This will also provide an opportunity for attendees to not only write a sample contract but to practice presenting a Buy/Sell to a client.
- Elements of a Listing Presentation
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will understand and be provided a framework for conducting a listing presentation for clients. This includes the initial interview of the potential seller, the tour of the home, and presenting the proposed marketing and brokerage services provided by the licensee.
- Creating a Seller CMA – managing confidence in pricing
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be provided the elements of determining the possible market value of a potential listing. This will include a discussion of macro market to micro market current sales data, price per square foot, geographic considerations, and historical data markers to consider.
- The Listing Contract
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be taken step-by-step through the Exclusive Right to Sell Listing Agreement. This will also provide an opportunity for attendees to not only write a sample contract but to practice presenting a listing agreement to a potential Seller.
- Marketing a Listing: Communications, REALTOR® relations, syndication
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be provided a best-practices solution to handling a listing including regular communication/updates to the seller, working cooperatively with other licensees, elements of listing syndication, and a brief review of Fair Housing concerns.
- Multi-Channel Prospecting – Strategies for Prospecting for New Business
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be provided strategies for expanding their personal prospecting activities beyond that of their sphere of influence via Open House, Calling Around a Listing, Calling Around a Sale, FSBO’s, and Investor.
- REALTOR Tribe: Your Personal Brand and REALTOR® Perception
- Learning Objectives: Attendees will be provided best-practice strategies for building relationships within the REALTOR community, customary practices and etiquette, as well as managing his/her personal brand.
* Refundable if completed in single track offering (Consecutive Weeks that the Modules are offered)