Short Sales Get Shorter: New Deadlines to go into Effect
Daily Real Estate News | As part of a settlement with state attorneys general, the five largest mortgage servicers are adopting new requirements for short sales, which is expected to speed-up what has been known as a lengthy process.
Here are some of the new requirements for servicers under the settlement:
- Servicers must provide borrowers with a decision within 30 days after receiving a short sale package request.
- Servicers will be required to notify a borrower, also within 30 days, if any necessary documents are missing to process the short sale request.
- Servicers must notify a borrower immediately if a deficiency payment is needed to approve the short sale. They also must provide an estimated amount for the deficiency payment needed for the short sale.
- Servicers are also required to form an internal group to review all short sale requests.
- Banks will be considered in violation of the settlement requirements if they take longer than 30 days on more than 10 percent of the short sale requests. Violations can carry fines of up to $1 million and $5 million for repeat offenses.
"If a real estate broker can get a checklist from the bank detailing what documentation is needed, everything can be provided up front, and the bank will be required to give a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down within 30 days,” short sale specialist Chris Hanson with the Hanson Law Firm told HousingWire. “That's not a bad deal.”
Source: “AG Settlement Starts the Clock on Short Sales,” HousingWire (March 14, 2012)
A comprehensive Housing Report from the Fort Collins Board of REALTORS®. Residential Market Statistics for single family detached and attached homes provided by IRES. Please note that IRES no longer includes "to be built" and "under construction listings. For more information please call 223-2900
Information on the various reasons to join the Northern Colorado Young Professionals Network. From more info call 402-0852 or email@example.com.
FCBR is focused on enhancing our members’ success via a core service department approach.
Under the Policy Governance model we have implemented a number of tracking mechanisms and reports to provide useable data that provides a greater level of understanding and accountability for our Departments and Administrative services.
The following report is offered to our valued members on behalf FCBR’s Leadership so that ever FCBR member has a better understanding of how your association is performing.
Should you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact any member of FCBR’s Leadership team.
Thank you for your support and participation over this past year!
Your FCBR Leadership
The following form includes various informational items need by FCBR for local membership. For more information or if you have a question please contact us at 223-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
110 W. Harvard
Fort Collins, CO 80525